How to become a Phlebotomist ?
Become a Phlebotomist … As Rapidly As Possible
If you are considering a career in Phlebotomist – congratulations! Phlebotomy is very rewarding, it is always in demand, and it’s a great way to begin a long, exciting, and lucrative career in healthcare.
There are two ways that you can become a phlebotomist.
Learning “on the job” if you are already in the healthcare field
If you are not already in the healthcare field, get training to become qualified to land a phlebotomy position.
Unless you are already in healthcare, on-the-job-training (OJT) isn’t really an option for you, and even if you are in healthcare already, this is not ideal. The drawback with OJT is that you will not have a Certificate of Competency, which is valuable because it is proof to any employer that you are well-qualified and dedicated.
Candidates with a Certificate of Competency are almost always hired before those without one!
For non-medical practitioners, as well as healthcare workers who want to become phlebotomists as soon as possible, then top-notch phlebotomy training is your best option.
Qualified training has some major advantages:
1) You get documented proof of competency, which is very important to employers.
2) You can be trained and “mentored” by practicing phlebotomists.
3) Your confidence level will soar.
4) You will get to practice on extremely realistic mannequins.
5) You will practice on real patients in a real hospital or clinic environment, so you will not only become highly skilled and confident, but you will know what “a day in the life” of a phlebotomist looks and feels like.
6) With your Certificate of Competency in hand, you are in a much stronger position to negotiate a higher salary, which over the typical phlebotomy career can add up to tens or hundreds of thousands of pounds of income.
7) The benefits of getting properly trained are extremely compelling, and training is an investment in your future that will start to pay off almost immediately, but you should be aware that all phlebotomy training courses are NOT the same.
8) Maxis Healthcare offers a certification in phlebotomy made up of practical theory and live practice in a real hospital or medical clinical environment, which will give you the core-competency skills to go out there and start looking for a job in phlebotomy – the same day you complete our course.
The Phlebotomist Training course is made up of two parts:
Part I is one to two days of classroom theory and “dry” lab practice. This involves learning the basics of the course material, followed by role-playing and using mannequins to get used to the methodology to take bloods. Most students love this part because they get used to handling the equipment and understanding how to deal with the patients. Once you complete the theory and dry lab you will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance.
Part II of the course, which is optional (but taken up by nearly everyone new to phlebotomy), involves spending time inside a real phlebotomy department within an NHS Medical facility or Hospital, where you’ll be supervised by experienced phlebotomists who will help you to take blood from genuine patients. You’ll become an experienced, confident professional which is invaluable, and of course it will make you extremely attractive to prospective employers!
Our training courses are very affordable, and many times the investment can be recouped right as you accept your very first job offer because of the higher pay that you may be able command.
Remember, your services will be in demand and most people have multiple employment options when they have their Certificate of Competency in hand.
Maxis Healthcare is the UK’s most respected Phlebotomy Training Centre, having graduated 100’s of students to date, yet it is also one of the most affordable! Just think, your phlebotomy career can begin within a few short weeks if you enroll today!
Don’t take our word for it!… Listen to what some of our recent graduates have to say in these video testimonials, see this !